Careers & Opportunities
We provide financial expertise and support to family and owner managed businesses, and similar organisations, to enable them to effectively manage their business, and achieve their financial dreams. Our vibrant and expert team is growing all the time to ensure we are able to provide such service. Could you be our missing member?
We are looking for an experienced individual to join our team in Fareham, Hampshire.
Accountant, your day to day duties:
- Accessing financial records of the clients
- Preparing, reconciling and filing VAT and Sales returns
- Preparing year end and statutory accounts
- Reviewing bookkeeping and Xero records, dealing with journals, and preparing management accounts
- Preparation of corporation tax computations and returns
- Assisting with bookkeeping, accounting, VAT and payroll work as needed
Accountant, skills and experience:
- Level 4 AAT qualified, or working towards or qualified ACA or ACCA
- Previous accountancy practice experience essential
- Experience in Xero cloud accounting technology essential
- Enthusiastic, outgoing and passionate
- Dynamic, team orientated and confident
- A working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Great organisational and communications skills (role does involve client contact)
- Committed to continuous personal development
Accountant, the benefits:
- Opportunity to work within a proactive and supportive team in a contemporary office
- Sponsorship to complete ACA, ACCA or similar studies will be considered for the right applicant
- Health and wellbeing insurance and benefits available
- 20 or 25 days’ annual leave plus bank and public holidays (depending on qualifications)
- Mixture of office, client and home working available
- Ongoing training and opportunities for career progression
This is a full time, permanent position. The working hours are Monday to Friday either from 9.00am to 5.30pm, or from 8.30am to 5.00pm, with a one-hour lunch break (unpaid).
A full UK driving licence and your own transport is required due to the location of Xebra Accounting offices, and visiting clients.
Please send your CV and brief cover letter to email@example.com
No agency applications please.