3 reasons why small business owners don’t get an accountant or financial adviser to support them and why they should.
Small business owners often put off taking advice from an accountant or financial adviser for a number of reasons. Here are the biggest reasons we’ve found and a few points behind why they should be avoided in the future…
(1) “I don’t have time”
We all value our time in many different ways, but having your finances in check:
- Saves you time in the long run
- Gives you greater control to make timely decisions
- Keeps you focused on the right activity and allows you to spend your time doing the things you enjoy
(2) “I can’t afford it”
Professional support can save you money in the long run. Accountants will often:
- Give you a payment plan so you budget for your needs
- Understand and tailor their services to you, so you only pay for what you need
90% of businesses go past their 5th birthday with the help of an accountant – it will always be worth paying out for the support so that you are able to scale and grow your business past this time frame.
(3) “I’m worried they’ll find out I’m doing something wrong”
- You are not putting enough by for tax, VAT etc.
- You are not managing your cash flow appropriately
- You are not using simple processes that could help your business grow
… It’s better to find out now and put it right before it’s too late
Business owners are not accountants. Do what you’re best at, run your business and let the professional accountants support you with your numbers. Good accountants will explain your finances and tell you exactly what you need to know to make important decisions within your business.
How can we at Xebra Accounting help change these perceptions?
Not only are we there to explain the numbers and tailor our services to your business. We also offer business workshops to small/medium sized businesses with an opportunity to see exactly how beneficial the support of an accountant can be. We understand that it’s tricky to manage your business finances so we like to break it down into bite-sized chunks, enabling you to get to grips with your finances and make sound business decisions as soon as the workshop ends. Our workshops consist of a small group of around 8 people, following a workbook where we work through a specific subject targeted to help your business.
Our workshops are for:
- The business owner that needs more time – trust us when we say this, it will be the most useful and worthwhile 2 – 3 hours of your day that will guide you to make a huge impact on your business, in a timely fashion.
- The business owner are worried about the expense of an accountant – at only £25 (including VAT), our workshops are not only huge value for money but are there to arm you with the most valuable information to grow your business.
- The business owner that is worried they’re doing something wrong and don’t want to get found out – We won’t & don’t judge. We are here to support you and to provide you with the best tips and most meaningful information so that you are able to make the right decisions for your business.
If we haven’t convinced you already, here’s some feedback from one of our 90 Day Financial Planning workshops:
“Another great workshop! Every time I come to one of your workshops I come out with so much useful information that I think my head will explode!” – Caroline Cutress, Maths Club By Post
Join us at one of our business workshops by visiting www.xebraaccounting.co.uk/workshops and book your place today!